Windows Upgrade Offer
Now is a great time to purchase a new Windows® 7 PC. Learn about and share this exclusive, limited-time offer today.
How can I get this offer?
Customers are eligible for the Windows Upgrade Offer, if they:
- Purchase a Windows 7 PC preinstalled with genuine Windows 7 Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013.
- Redeem and purchase the Windows Upgrade Offer online by February 28, 2013.
How does this offer work?
Customers who purchase a Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013 can get Windows 8 Pro in three easy steps:
Visit http://windowsupgradeoffer.com to register for the Windows Upgrade Offer. Please have your Certificate of Authenticity on hand as you may be asked to refer to it during registration. Payment for Windows 8 Pro is not required until it is available for download.
Watch for two email messages sent by Microsoft:
- The first will confirm the Windows Upgrade Offer registration.
- The second will announce when Windows 8 Pro is available.
Purchase, download, and enjoy
Follow instructions in the email announcement to purchase and download Windows 8 Pro from the Windows Upgrade Offer website by February 28, 2013. An option is available to purchase DVD backup media for an additional fee.
Note: The Windows Upgrade Offer is limited to the purchase of five Windows 7 PCs, resulting in five discounted Windows 8 editions. For more information about the Windows Upgrade Offer, visit http://windowsupgradeoffer.com.
Find out eMachines models available for Windows 8 Upgrade Offer Here.
Windows 8 Pro:
- Is delivered through web-based download.
- Includes 90 days of support from Microsoft.
- Can be used with any compatible Windows-based PC.
Windows Upgrade Offer:
- Is limited to the purchase of five Windows 7 PCs, resulting in five discounted Windows 8 editions.
- Is not applicable to Windows 7 full-packaged product purchases.
- Is not intended for enterprise or business customers.
- Includes an option for customers to purchase DVD backup media for an additional fee.
What’s new in Windows 8?
Start Screen—Windows 8 features a new Start Screen that comes to life with Live Tiles that pull information you care about from the web and allow you to quickly see what is happening in the world. Imagine instant updates from your Facebook friends, email notifications, the weather, and more—all at a glance. Windows 8 also features “desktop mode” so customers can always switch to the familiar Windows desktop if they need to.
Amazing apps—Windows 8 comes with core apps built right in- each working together to deliver amazing experiences. There’s also the Windows Store, a single place for customers to get more, including great apps for games, news, entertainment, productivity, and more. All apps are easy to find, let you “try before you buy,” and can be used on up to five Windows 8 PCs.
Cloud connected—Windows 8 brings the things you care about online—Facebook, LinkedIn, Flickr, Hotmail, and more—together with content from your PC so everything is in one place and easy to work with, including photos, email, calendar, social feeds and more. Windows 8 also includes SkyDrive for storing pictures, music, and documents online, making them accessible from any Internet connected device and easy to share.
For more information about the Windows Upgrade Offer, please visit windowsupgradeoffer.com.